top of page
shippteam trucks (1).jpg


Some of the more complicated commercial motor vehicle (CMV) rules and regulations revolve around trip permits, IFTA fuel tax, fleet taxes and vehicle licensing. Along with federal laws and regulations, carriers must also be aware of the legal requirements each state imposes on CMVs, such as state-specific size/weight limits and intrastate operating authority.

TruckSpot is a licensed agent for the Illinois Secretary of State. Our trained agents can answer any questions and process anything related to IRP plates, travel permits, titles, and registrations. 

CDL Commercial Driver Inside of His Truc


The International Registration Plan (IRP) is an agreement among states in the U.S., the District of Columbia, and provinces of Canada that recognizes the registration of commercial motor vehicles (CMV’s) registered by other jurisdictions.

A TruckSpot fleet agent that is trained on current IRP changes and processes can expedite the delivery of your IRP plate while you focus on building financial security for your business.

IRP Plates
Travel Permits



With an Illinois base plate, trip and fuel permits are valid for 72 hours.  These travel permits will allow you authorization to travel in and out of Illinois for 72 hours to pick up and drop off loads. Drivers need a 72-hour Trip and/or Fuel permit if your vehicle is traveling out of state and any of these apply:

  • Your vehicle is not registered under IFTA

  • You do not have an IRP Plate

  • Your power unit has 3 or more axles

  • Your power unit has 2 axles and a gross vehicle or registered weight over 26,000 lbs.

  • Your tow vehicle and trailer have a combined gross vehicle or registered weight over 26,000 lbs.

Additional permitting and/or taxation is required for traveling into Kentucky, New York, New Mexico, or Oregon. 

Caucasian Worker Securing Car on Towing
Blank Illinois License Plate on Aged Wod



TruckSpot is a licensed agent for the Illinois Secretary of State. We are authorized to handle all your title and registration needs.

  • New or replacement titles.

  • Registration renewals.

  • Titles for vehicles that have been abandoned, impounded, towed, or unclaimed.

  • Titles for vehicles purchased or sold at private or public sale or auction.

Let a TruckSpot agent offer you professional one-on-one service when it comes to your title and registration needs.

Titles & Registrations
bottom of page